St. Mark’s church was built in 1881 with the addition of the front vestry/narthex added in 1938.
During restoration and renovation work in 2008, St. Mark’s congregation worshipped at the nearby Uniting Church where we held our Anglican Service at 9.00am and the Uniting Church congregation held their service at 11am. This was a great time of ecumenical co-operation and, on occasions, we held joint services and combined morning teas between each service.
As part of the renovations, the pews were removed and comfortable seats were installed. The church can seat up to 90 depending on the type of service.
Renovations were completed in 2008 and the church and extensions were Rehallowed by Bishop Andrew at a special service on 23rd November 2008.
St. Mark’s is a one church Parish with a congregation of around 30 members.